Thursday 27 September 2007

SWINGS & ROUNDABOUTS

I've been making digital art for only a couple of years now. I decided to start up currentstate as an avenue to do my own work and a reason to mess around on the computer, and get to know programmes like illustrator & photoshop. I'd always been drawing, infact i think i was born with a pencil in my hand, so naturally found myself doing a degree in Fine Art in 95.


For the last four years I've been lucky enough to work in a creative role, as graphic designer in NHS, albeit a little bit frustrating when all you can think about is doing your own stuff, but still a good learning ground.

In 2006 I did the Creative Alliance's After Hours course and decided that was a good plateau to start illustrating and doing some graphics that i finally wanted to do. I worked hard to put togther an exhibition called Love luck & Lollipops. In the month running up to the exhib I was really productive, I did book and produced a ton of new illustrations and artwork.
So now i'm mainly freelancing. The only thing is I've got so busy dong other people's work that I rarely get a chance to do the stuff I love and enjoy again, swings and roundabouts!
So most of these are about a year old.







No comments: